Pages

Friday 28 November 2014

Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Foundation | Review


Hello all! I know it's been quite a long while since I've done any sort of foundation review/demo on the blog and since I mentioned this foundation was a November favorite of mine I decided a full review was in order. 

I bought this after seeing Makeup by TiffanyD talk about it in this video and rave about how much she was enjoying it. Lets be serious, if it's good enough for Tiffany, I'm certain it's good enough for me! 


The Claim
The product is described as a 'fresh complexion oil free foundation'. 
"One simple step for a flawless, natural look that lasts all day. The formula blends easily to even skin tone and reduces shine all day."

Bare face 

I actually decided doing this post now would be beneficial as well as I've been experiencing a lot more redness than normal around my nose and cheeks, and I've also been quite sleep deprived lately, so my dark circles are quite pronounced. I thought this would be the perfect way to display how well the foundation covers on its own.


After foundation

It does an amazing job of covering up imperfections, reducing redness, and disguising discoloration. I only used about a pea size amount, maybe a touch more to cover my entire face. To blend this product out I've tried several different foundation brushes as well as my finger tips. I've found there is really no wrong way to apply this, no matter what way I choose to go about it, it always ends up looking amazing. Today I just used my Real Techniques buffing brush. 

The product is super easy to blend out and almost melts into the skin for a super natural true skin looking finish. It is extremely light weight, but at the same time provides a good medium coverage. 

Full makeup

I find this product has extremely amazing lasting power (for my skin I would say between 8-10 hours), and I find this is the only foundation I own that I don't need to set with a powder for the long wearing result if I so choose.

What else I wore on my face

All in all I give this product two really big thumbs up! If you've yet to try it I highly recommend running out and picking one up. They have a great shade range, and the price point of 6-8$CAD is just one more reason you need to give this a shot.


Tried this for yourself yet? Let me know what you think of it, I love hearing other peoples opinions on products! 

No comments:

Post a Comment