Pages

Thursday 27 February 2014

Review - Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

When I first heard rumors of this foundation prior to its release I just knew it would be one I'd have to try. I love a matte face, and I love a good drugstore foundation, and if it also claims to have a lightweight formula... well sign me up! I've given this a try over the past two or so weeks so I have now been able to form a solid opinion and have found my favorite way to apply it, so let's get into it! 

The claim:
"lightweight shine control"
"feather light, liquid mousse blends flawlessly for natural-looking all day shine control. silky smooth formula leaves a perfectly matte, baby-soft finish. lightweight texture won't feel heavy or greasy." 


I chose the shade 100 Ivory, which I'm very pleased with. It is maybe a hair too dark for my pale winter complexion but is certainly nothing I could get too worked up about as it is as close as I could get. 
I purchased mine from Walmart for around $7.99CAD. At the time I purchased it I can honestly say I only saw maybe 5 or 6 shades, although I've seen advertisements that show 8 shades. 

For the purposes of this post I began bare faced (only products on my face are my Josie Maran pure argan oil mixed with my Neutrogena moisturizer) 


As I've been using this over the past few weeks I've found my favorite way to apply this foundation is to first dot on the product with my finger tips, and then go in with my Real Techniques buffing brush to blend/buff it into my skin. 
I must say I was shocked the first time I applied it, mainly because the formulation seemed much thicker than I anticipated, however once you begin to blend the product into the skin it does not seem stiff or difficult to work with at all. 

(after foundation application - no other products used) 

The only negative aspect I've found of this foundation is that I doubt anyone with dry skin would enjoy this. It has, on occasion, drawn attention to some of my small dry areas and I really don't have all that dry a skin type. 

(once I applied the rest of my makeup) 

Overall, I would have to say I really love this foundation, Rimmel has really out done themselves on this one. It's lovely and lightweight for being medium coverage. For me it's become a great alternative to my Revlon Whipped Cream 24hr as that can feel pretty heavy, especially for every day when you don't need 100% full coverage. 
Also I must add the wear time on this is great - 6-8 hours on my combination/oily skin is great, especially when the product doesn't even claim to be 'long wearing'. 


Let me know if you've tried, or plan on trying this!


No comments:

Post a Comment