Pages

Friday 4 May 2012

I'm Finally NAKED

That's right, after well over a year has passed since its release, I've finally managed to get my hands on my very own Naked palette (I know I'm probably the last youtube/blogging guru to do so). I'm certain nearly everyone reading this blog will have heard about this item more than a hundred times, and you may even be tired of all the hype and talk. For me however this is a brand new product that I feel I should give my two cents on - my apologies to anyone who feels it to be repetitive.

I adore the packaging - so sleek and stylish with the brown velvety case and the gold lettering. 

Colors
Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal

I was already the owner of the UD Ammo Palette so that means I now have doubles of Sin and Smog, but this is something I really can't complain about as they have been two of my favorites for a long while now - too much of a good thing? I think not! 

Although it's been said many times, and many ways, the pigmentation and vibrant results you get from these colors is nothing short of amazing. I also find it astounding that after swatching, and then proceeding to use these colors in makeup looks, the palette still looks brand new and untouched. To me this is a sign of a great eyeshadow - I expect to get an extremely long lifespan out of this product.

I must admit that one thing that kept me away from this palette was the price - 60CAD plus tax for an eyeshadow palette (and lets face it, I've had wallets bigger than this). However, now that I have this little baby in my collection I do not feel the least bit guilty for spending that much. Truly when you break it down it ends up being a mere 5 dollars per shadow - you would be hard pressed to find something of equal quality at your local drug store for that price, in fact, if you can, please prove me wrong on this point. 

I am extremely excited to continue experimenting with the numerous looks I will be able to create using this bad boy - I don't see myself running out of ideas any time soon!

xo, Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment